This row of four unnamed terraces in Sydney’s Chippendale adjacent to the Shannon Hotel (built in 1912) is difficult to date and not on any official heritage list. WIth a subdued Georgian appearance with plain sills, stringline corniced parapet typical of 1860s industrial housing of nearby Ultimo, it has some turn of the century trims such as the terracotta chimneys, four panel windows and doors.
Many of these modifications appear to have been made slightly after the erection of the hotel was built, possibly by acquisition, the hotel playing a role in local slum clearance at the turn of the century. In particular, 93 became an apartment conversion at some stage and has a modified wider door as a result. 99 next door appears to be a poor plain brick attempt to fit the overall style of its neighbours, erected on a vacant site possibly during the late 1970s or early 1980s.