Albert Terrace is one of the largest Victorian terraces ever built in Adelaide. The large graceful row of nine double storey terraced houses erected in 1880 is typical of the Adelaide style with its bluestone and cream render but features a high central Italianate parapet which breaks front more inkeeping with similar sized Melbourne terraces.
The parapet feature is three houses long. A central cartouche with the name and date appears in the middle bay of the parapet inside an arched and crowned classical bay above the mid terrace. This central feature extends one bay on either side with an unusual patterned balustrades punctuated by pedestals which are presumably missing their urns or finials. On either side are scrolls while the parapet continues along to effectively hide the whoe roof . The cornice also breaks front and features pairs of triglyphed corbels along is length. The corrugated iron roof of the verandah is elegantly hidden due to the well executed pitch and held up by wooden posts with cornices with two bays for each house. Cast iron lacework is fine sawtooth with subtle brackets. On the lower storey this is enhanced by the appearance of a deep frieze. The balcony features vertical iron lace panels.
The facade, in Mitcham bluestone has an ashlar appearance. The doors and windows all feature identical surrounds with cream render mouldings and keystones simulating sandstone.
Albert Terrace was originally designed by architect Daniel Garlick and built for the draper Charles Wylde. It was used as offices between 1965 and 1982 by milk and ice cream company AMSCOL.
Albert Terrace was added to the SA Heritage Register (13603) on 11th September 1986.