Avonmore Terrace is currently a boutique hotel located opposite Alison Park in Randwick. Built in 1888 by John Walsh the triple storey row of nine terraces contains 23 rooms rich in interior detail. Pictured above is the middle terrace which is its most interesting feature.
A central Italianate style tower helps the terrace to appear as one massive mansion. The mid terrace is the width of two terraces plus the tower and entry. The entry features a keystoned arch with banded columns topped by a brief flat arched loggia with balustrade. A single round arched window with keystone and voussoir is flanked by prominent classical pilasters with entablature. At the top of the tower, an open bottom pediment with the name Avonmore is topped by a cross motif. Every third terrace has a triangular pediment on the parapet to give symmetry and a point of reference in between.
The parapet conceals the gabled corrugated iron roof is lined with balustrade with intermediary columns and each party wall is topped by a small triangular pediment and extends to the fence. Faux brackets line the frieze and parallel string courses give the appearance of solid stone blocks. The mid terrace also has keystones over its two round arched windows on either side. The other terraces are plain in comparison, as if to deliberately drawing attention to the mid terrace.
A two storey bullnose verandah with a corrugated iron roof and corinthian column at the centre of each terrace is dressed in iron lacework.