Posts Tagged ‘1887’
“Wellwood Terrace” is Geelong’s largest terrace. A row of six two storey terrace houses in the CBD it was build in 1887 as a row of four by J Wellwood and believed to be the work of Joseph Watts and later extended.
The terrace has a visible corrugated iron roof with prominent party walls and pairs of chimneys shared between pairs of houses evident along the roofline. The cornice is plain but with simple eaves brackets.
The terrace is set on a steep grade and is elevated off the street with staircases leading up towards the lower section.