Posts Tagged ‘1890’
The railway barracks at Albury is an important heritage registered row of 8 cottages built in 1890 as temporary rest houses for coach staff1 and believed to be the oldest of its kind remaining in Australia.
Currently in derelict condition with extensive boardings and graffiti it is protected on the NSW Heritage register. As part of the ongoing Albury railway station redevelopment urban renewal project it is being preserved for future adaptive reuse.
- Albury Railway Precinct. NSW Heritage ↩
This row of four double storey shophouses in Sydney’s Pyrmont were originally terrace houses built in 1890 but they’ve suffered quite a lot in the conversion.
This grand triple storey row of five houses erected in 1890 situated near Potts Point’s famous McElhone stairs is currently known as Waratah Apartments with a serviced apartments complex integrated behind the facades.
The state heritage listed terrace is notable for its rich classical styled embellishment. Victorian row houses such as this heralded Pott’s Point’s status as the ‘Regent’s Park of Sydney’.