Posts Tagged ‘georgian terraces’
Alfred Terrace (or Alfred’s Terrace) is a row of six double storey (with additional basement level) Georgian style sandstone block terraces forming part of a very intact early Victorian streetscape on Sydney’s Kent Street.
Alfred’s Terrace was built between 1868 and 1870 for Sir George Wigram Allen prominent Sydney solicitor and politician.1
This double storey row of six early Sydney terrace houses, built between 1845 and 1847, is part of the St Michaels Church Group.
Around the 1940s, a second storey was added to the verandah and closed in with brick and timber.
In 1978, the terrace was added to the Register of the National Estate for its historic significance.
However it since been returned to its original condition with painted sandstone brick and corrugated iron roof.